Monday, November 1, 2010

~Wine Country~

Soo I was able to go on one of the most amazing vacations ever last weekend! My mom, myself and two of her best friends planned a trip to go to Sonoma, California and visit wine country! We all flew into San Francisco, so we were able to visit the Golden Gate Bridge also!


We drove up into Sonoma and walked around in the cute little town. We stopped and got fresh bread at the bakery and fresh cheese at a cheese factory too! While we were getting some Mozzerella cheese at the factory we happened to ask if there was a place that had good fresh tomatoes and to our suprise we were actually right across from a farmers market! We walked across the street and got some awesome fresh tomatoes and basil. And I mean there is just nothing like a fresh picked tomatoe....Yummo! This is us at a bar in downtown Sonoma on the square with our first glass of wine for the weekend!

The next couple of days we went to a lot of different winery's! Some of our favorites were Bella Winery and Papapietro Perry Winery. At Bella they have a lot of wine caves where they store their wine and the tour takes you in them to sample their wines. They also had a guy playing acoustic guitar in the cave, which was really awesome to sit and sip on your wine and listen to him. We didn't want to leave! Our other favorite was Papapietro Perry, this winery specialized in Pinot Nior's and we all loved our Pinot Noir's! We tasted a lot of their wines and we all ended up buying bottles and having them shipped to our houses! Since I liked their wines so much, I bought Trent and sampler kit so he could have a little tasting party himself! I can't wait until the bottles I bought arrive!


This is just one of the hundreds of vineyards we were surrounded by all weekend! Absolutely gorgeous!
I love you mom and I'm so blessed to have you in my life! You've been such a fighter this past year and I am so proud of you for beating breast cancer! I can only hope that one day I'll be as strong as you and as much of a role model to my children as you are to me!


1 comment:

  1. This looks so fun- I'm so jealous! This is definitely on our bucket list! And your momma is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete